So The Job Searching Expert is 2 years old today, and what a year it has been!
So we thought we would celebrate by recapping on some of the best advice we have had on the site to date.
– Always update your CV even if you are not looking for a new role. You will be constantly adding to your skill set and it’s good to get them down on paper as soon as possible.
– The best way to start when rewriting your CV is to group together your experience under each employer. For example: Team Work, Administration, Project Management. This may be divided differently depending on your role. Next write down all the relevant information
relating to these areas. Then you will be able to see if you have repeated yourself and enables you to remove some information.
– Work experience and Internships are fantastic tools to get your foot in the door and to offer you some valuable experience in the relevant industry.
– Different industries go about things differently, and having experience in both corporate and media it is interesting to see the difference.
– Interviewers are not there to catch you out, they want you to succeed, so don’t think their questions are tricks.
– If you are asked something you haven’t experienced, don’t worry! Just talk about if you were in a situation like that how you would deal with it, they just want to see that you are capable of dealing with daily situations.
– Completing training courses gives you the opportunity to fill in the gap on your CV and to show how passionate and determined you are about your career and that you didn’t just sit around waiting for the jobs to come in, but focused on improving yourself to become more employable!
Let us know what your favourite or most helpful article has been to date.